Monday, March 26, 2012

File Storage Makeover

I absolutely hate paper clutter and I refuse to let it pile up on my counters, kitchen table, etc., at all costs it will go somewhere. So over the weekend (actually about 30 mins on Friday afternoon) I gathered my supplies....

-Scissors
-Spray Adhesive
-Fabric (I used left overs from making pillows for my LR)
-Plastic File Holder (Wall Mount)

I have had some plastic file holders for a VERY long time and I have just been to lazy busy to do something with them. This took me all of 10 minutes from start to finish. And forgive me as I did not take pictures of the actual process but trust me it is very easy.

Cut your fabric down to desired length and width, I did about an inch bigger than the file holder. I sprayed the outside and smoothed the fabric out so it would not have bubbles. Then the overhang on top was just folded over. I flipped it over and did the same thing with the back, SUPER easy.

Finished..... TADA!
 

















I already had some cute file folders that I got on clearance at Wal-Mart, probably 2 years ago. I just labeled them and stuck them in my new fancy schmancy wall mount file holder. THEN I had an AHH-HHAAAA moment! Since I pick up the mail when I come home, and I come in through the kitchen I had to have it somewhere in the kitchen. SO even though it is super flippin cute I still did not want to hang it on the wall for everyone to see. So I stuck it on the inside door of our pantry and now when we come in anything that needs to be filed can be stuck right in the correct spot. No more stuffing mail, papers, receipts, etc. in every drawer in the kitchen!

No comments:

Post a Comment